As part of Festival Place’s wider refurbishment programme, renovation works to the centre’s car parks.
Works include the demolition of the old, under-used car park structure, next to the Alencon Link, which will be rebuilt. Car parks A, B and C are also being upgraded, internally and externally, improving their appearance.
Once complete, the upgraded car parks will provide a much improved experience for our visitors, and are an important part of our wider refurbishment work at Festival Place.
Benefits you’ll see in the carpark include:
- New coloured zones to help you remember which level you have parked your car on
- Digital counters on each level displaying how many spaces are available
- Bay monitoring lighting system with green lights to help locate available spaces
- Clearer wayfinding signage to ease navigation around the carpark
- Find My Car camera system
- Additional payment machines
- Re-positioned disabled bays closer to the lobbies
- Family spaces also relocated to be more convenient.
Zones B4,B3 and C4,C3 have been refurbished and are now colour coded as follows;
St Johns access – Purple
Next access – Green
Festival Square/Restaurants – Orange
- Bay Monitoring continues to be installed as well as VMS signage ready for the car park completion in September
- Works continue on the new car park build over at Alencon and is expected to be completed around August
- Refurbishment works continue on A4
- The next Phase of the car park refurbishment will be A3
We hope you like the changes happening around Festival Place so far. We always welcome your feedback. Just pick-up and drop-off a comments card at the information desk.