As part of Festival Place’s wider refurbishment programme, renovation works to the centre’s car parks started in March 2017.
Works include the demolition of the old, under-used car park structure, next to the Alencon Link, which will be rebuilt. Car parks A, B and C are also being upgraded, internally and externally, improving their appearance.
Once complete, the upgraded car parks will provide a much improved experience for our visitors, and are an important part of our wider refurbishment work at Festival Place.
Benefits you’ll see in the carpark include:
- New coloured zones to help you remember which level you have parked your car on
- Digital counters on each level displaying how many spaces are available
- Bay monitoring lighting system with green lights to help locate available spaces
- Clearer wayfinding signage to ease navigation around the carpark
- Find My Car camera system
- Additional payment machines
- Re-positioned disabled bays closer to the lobbies
- Family spaces also relocated to be more convenient.
Works to the carparks will stop for Christmas at the end of October, so there’s no need to worry about any disruptions during the festive period.
We hope you like the changes happening around Festival Place so far. We always welcome your feedback. Just pick-up and drop-off a comments card at the information desk.