Festival Place is launching its sixth annual Gold Awards, giving customers the chance to show their support for their favourite retailers and staff.
The prestigious annual awards celebrate the biggest success stories at the popular Basingstoke retail and leisure destination.
With voting taking place throughout September, the Gold Awards will be presented at a virtual ceremony for retailers in October.
All customers voting online will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 gift card. They can vote in 12 categories, including Essential Retailer of the Year for stores who served our community over the lockdowns, the Service with a Smile award for exceptional customer service, and the Hero of the Year award for the person customers think have gone above and beyond.
All winners will receive a £200 gift card and award, and the store of the year will win a £250 gift card.
Festival Place Business Performance Manager Rachel Carter said: “After the huge success of the previous five years of customer-voted retailer awards, this year’s FP Gold will recognise all those who stepped up to see us through the pandemic, who went above and beyond day in day out, and worked tirelessly for the centre.
“These awards will give all retailers a much-needed positive boost in these current times and show them how much they are valued.
“I hope everyone will take the time to place their vote and give their favourites the recognition they deserve.”
The FP 2021 Gold Award categories are:
1. Fashion, Jewellery and Health & Beauty retailer of the year
2. Entertainment and Leisure retailer of the year
3. Specialist retailer of the year
4. Food & Beverage retailer of the year
5. Independent retailer of the year
6. National retailer of the year
7. Essential retailer of the year (The stores who served our community over the lockdowns)
8. Service with a Smile award (The store who offers up exceptional customer service)
9. Hero of the Year (Has somebody gone above and beyond?)
10. Outstanding Team of the year
11. Manager of the year
12. Store of the year
There will also be a new internal award voted for by Festival Place retailers, who will be asked to nominate their Retailers’ Hero of the year, honouring those colleagues they feel stood out during the pandemic. The winner will receive a £200 gift card.
Customers will be able to vote online at festivalplace.co.uk/fpgold from September 6 until October 3 2021.