Christmas will be different for all of us this year, and it’s more important than ever to get your house feeling merry and bright for the festive season.
Here are our favourite five additions to your festive decor for 2020. Check out our 2020 Gift Guide for more.
1. Pull the other one: Keep spirits up and have a crackin’ good time with a set of fun Christmas crackers.
Best buy: 12 Days of Christmas Crackers, £18, Paperchase
2. Zoom time: Lots of us will be having virtual gatherings this year, so make sure your zoom calls have a suitably festive backdrop.
Best buy: Berry Garland, £25, M&S
3. Magical memories: 2020 has seen us appreciating the little things and remembering our happiest moments. Hang favourite family ornaments on the tree and keep colours classic in red and gold for a cosy, traditional look.
Best buy: Wood and gold Christmas decorations, from £4, Next
4. Simply scentsational: Use gorgeous winter candles and diffusers to fill your home with Christmassy smells of orange and cinnamon, apple and cloves.
Best buy: Fragrance Winter Scent Christmas 2020, from £3, M&S
5. More is more: Many of us may be looking to cut costs this year, but it’s still possible to go to town on the decorations without blowing the budget. Make decorations together as a family or shop wisely to make it look like you’ve spent more than you have.
Best buy: Christmas table top, from £2.99, Homesense