The arrival of autumn brings with it hearty, flavourful dishes best enjoyed on cold, dark evenings in the comfort of a cosy restaurant.
Our eateries have introduced fantastic autumn menus featuring indulgent dishes made using the best seasonal ingredients – here’s a round-up to tempt you out!
- Côte Brasserie is celebrating ‘La Rentrée’ (the return to school and work after the summer break) with a spin on its timeless moules frites dish. They’ve added autumnal British Granny Smith apples and sautéed leeks to a Normandy cider cream sauce - perfect for mopping up with a hunk of crusty baguette or crisp pomme frites. Other seasonal dishes include fig and Bayonne ham salad with a Roquefort dressing, six-hour slow-cooked beef bourguignon, and roasted butternut squash and courgette with giant harissa couscous, chickpeas and coconut yoghurt.
- The exciting new autumn menu at Nigerian restaurant Afrizi
includes honey beans cooked in a pepper mix served with plantain, warming, slow-cooked stews, and sweet and soft deep-fried dough puff-puffs with cinnamon sugar and maple syrup.
- It's pumpkin spice season at Starbucks! Not only can you enjoy a new pumpkin cream cold brew, pumpkin spice Frappuccino or a classic pumpkin spice latte, but you can also enjoy the taste of pumpkin spice in a moist loaf cake or vegan cookie. And if you’ve overdone the pumpkin, you can still enjoy the flavours of autumn with a toffee apple muffin.
- New dishes at Las Iguanas include spicy, crispy-coated cauliflower with agave aioli, shredded chipotle beef pan-toasted quesadillas with roasted tomato salsa, and a warming Copacabana chicken burrito bowl with rice, slaw and pico de gallo.
- Food to warm the soul is on the menu this autumn at Wagamama, with new dishes including delicious miso-glazed chicken yakitori, spicy miso mackerel, sticky miso corn, and vegan tempeh ssambap – Korean wraps with baby gem lettuce, tempeh, pickled Asian slaw and spicy kimchee sauce.
- There’s room for both sunshine and warming autumn flavours at new tapas bar and restaurant Tapas Revolution. Try the spiced Asturian sausage roasted with cider, Iberian pork shank slow roasted over 12 hours and topped with salsa verde, and the roasted butternut squash with chickpeas, oyster mushrooms, piquillo peppers, almonds and baby spinach.
- Embrace the season at Costa
with its new Maple Hazel drinks range made with toasty roasted hazelnut syrup, luscious maple sauce, swirly cream and crunchy biscuit topping. Fall into the deliciousness of the new Maple Hazel latte, iced latte and hot chocolate – a seriously indulgent trio.
- The clue’s in the name at the Cosy Club – you certainly won’t want to be out in the cold when you can tuck into a warming slow cooked harissa lamb shoulder with spiced cauliflower purée, tzatziki, crispy chickpeas and flatbread. There’s a vegan version, too, with harissa cauliflower, tahini and cauliflower purée, pomegranate molasses and crispy chickpeas.